Pretty Proud Of These. Had To Share...

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 3:43pm by MariaK38

TheBlonde Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:58am
post #1 of 16

I'm making a Patriots cake for this weekend. I tried doing FBCT but they didn't work out so I used gumpaste. The white on the footballs are crusting buttercream. I did the tails on the Patriots symbol in blue and then realized they are supposed to be red so I tried to fix them. The one on the bottom turned out ok but the top had blue on the back and didn't blend well. No biggie though, I only needed one. The second was a backup anyways.

15 replies
online_annie Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:07am
post #2 of 16

WOW!! They look great! Thanks for sharing these GEMS with everyone!

Acjohnson Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 16

Nice job!

Mrs262 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:10am
post #4 of 16

Those look very nice!! Congrats!!

Lcubed82 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:13am
post #5 of 16

They look great!

TheBlonde Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:37am
post #6 of 16

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with them. I've decided to redo the tails though...they just don't look right... no biggie though, shouldn't take too long

sumerae Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:42am
post #7 of 16

Question, did you color the gumpaste before you formed the footballs or did you paint the footballs after forming the shape??

I have to do a jayhawk, I've done the FBCT, it the girl I am doing it for likes it but I think it could look neater so I'm thinking about trying gumpaste or fondant.

TheBlonde Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:58am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumerae

Question, did you color the gumpaste before you formed the footballs or did you paint the footballs after forming the shape??

I have to do a jayhawk, I've done the FBCT, it the girl I am doing it for likes it but I think it could look neater so I'm thinking about trying gumpaste or fondant.

I'm only 27 but I'm starting to get arthritis in my fingers so I can't knead the gumpaste like I used to so I form them in white and then airbrush after the fact. It's a lost easier.

NatD Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:06am
post #9 of 16

these look great !....i love using my airbrush for things like the footballs too....it's so much easier and way less strain on your hands! icon_biggrin.gif

JoneaG Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 4:43am
post #10 of 16

Besides the fact that they are for the Patriots (yuck) lol this is awesome! I can't wait to make this for my COLTS icon_smile.gif parties this season.... 3 days til Season woohoo! Awesome job!

TheBlonde Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:55pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoneaG

Besides the fact that they are for the Patriots (yuck) lol this is awesome! I can't wait to make this for my COLTS icon_smile.gif parties this season.... 3 days til Season woohoo! Awesome job!

Hey, watch yourself! I'm a big Pats and RED SOX fan! icon_smile.gif LOL

cutthecake Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:09pm
post #12 of 16

Nice work.
Go, Yankees!

ERdocmom Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:20pm
post #13 of 16

great job!

cakeflake80 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 16

love them! Go Pats!!

Redsoxbaker Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:35pm
post #15 of 16

I'm with you TheBlonde ! Love, love, love my Red Sox and Pats !!! Hopefully they won't have as many injuries icon_cry.gif

MariaK38 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:43pm
post #16 of 16

well done! I'm making a Bengals cake for my hubby's birthday/start of the football season tomorrow... my first decorated cake ever! Isn't it interesting that the Pats play the Bengals their first game?! Go Bengals! (Love your Pats decorations, though!)

Maria

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%