Chocolate That Flows Like Fabric?

Decorating By joygr4243 Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 11:27pm by imagenthatnj

joygr4243 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 13

I was watching food network cake challenge. It was chocolate machines. The one contestant was doing a lady on an old fashioned bike. But what I am looking for is he had a recipe for chocolate for her dress that looked and acted like fabric.. Did anyone see that show or does anyone know the recipe?

12 replies
tesso Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 13

you are looking for sugarveil... check this out... http://www.sugarveil.com/information/pdf/sugarveil-brides.pdf

there is a sugarveil rep on here, who can really help you out.

sugarveil website. http://www.sugarveil.com/information/order_sugarveil.htm

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 13

I saw that one too, his name is Chris Hamner and it's a chocolate that he developed with gelatin and other things in it to make it flow like that. There was another thread on that not long ago and if memory serves me correctly he is starting his own pastry school and that's the only way you can get the info.

Sugarveil is another option but I don't know enough about it to make a comment on it.

sweetjan Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 13

bobwonderbuns is right....that's his own recipe that he created. It's not a product someone can go out and buy. Is he a genius, or what?? That piece was stunning, wish we could have seen it real-time!~

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 13

I know my heart stopped when "it" happened... icon_cool.gif

tesso Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 13

whoooo..doggies icon_surprised.gif !! I thought she was talking about the program where they made somekind of chocolate fabric sugarveil.

What did I miss??? icon_surprised.gif does anyone have links??? I have got to check this out!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:40pm
post #7 of 13

It was one of the food network challenges. I don't have cable TV so the only time I get to see that stuff is when I travel and they had rerun it this weekend. Kerry Vincent was a judge in this challenge. The competition was STIFF, let me tell you!! (and there was no shortage of manufactured drama too!) icon_cool.gif Chris Hamner has a name for that chocolate but I can't for the life of me remember what he called it. If you have opportunity to catch it though, it was really interesting.

tesso Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:42pm
post #8 of 13

thanks. dang, I cant believe I missed that !!!! icon_cry.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:46pm
post #9 of 13

It was pretty cool. I liked watching how the contestants were making various pieces, you get a lot of ideas that way! icon_biggrin.gif

thatslifeca Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:56pm
post #10 of 13

I've seen that challenge, it's amazing what that guy does with chocolate. Don't we all wish he would share that recipe!

sari66 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:01pm
post #11 of 13

Yup I saw it and Chris makes it himself. I almost died when the piece fell but I'm glad he won it was beautiful.

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:18pm
post #12 of 13

It was a Runaway Chocolate Challenge based on a Mode of Transportation. The contestants had to make something in chocolate based on a mode of transportation and it had to MOVE!! I looked on the net (do you know how much crap there is on the net???) icon_eek.gif but all the videos have been taken down. icon_cool.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:27pm
post #13 of 13

If you live near Las Vegas, you can take his classes.

http://theschoolofpastrydesign.com/specialty-pastry/chocolate-showpieces/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%