Looking For Leaf Molds For Wedding Cake Cookies

Baking By MrsNisch Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 10:40pm by Montrealconfections

MrsNisch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNisch Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 4

Trying to find little tiny leaf molds 1/4 -3/8" for a fall themed wedding cake cookie. I would like to use gumpaste if I can. We are replicating the wedding cake in cookie form for the guest give-away.

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 4

You can use scrapbook paper punches. I have a tiny leaf cutter that I got in the dollar bin at Target, but I've seen them at Michaels too. It's pretty small. I use it to make fall leaves that I put cookies shaped like brooms. It's small enough that pressing it once with a ball tool will give it a nice-looking curve. I use fondant, but gumpaste will work too. Roll it out thin, let it dry a few minutes on each side (for fondant, gumpaste might not need to dry first), then cut into narrow strips and use it like paper in the punch.

RoseCitySugarcraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 4

PME cutters makes a plunger-type leaf cutter. I have one, think it came in a set of 3 or 4 (or more?) others. You can find them on Amazon, or at Global Sugar Art, too.

HTH,
~ Scott

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 4

Hi, I am not sure how many cookies you have to do but cutting and placing all those leaves will be lots of work there is a mini plunger by Wilton out there. My suggestion is to pip the leaves in RI you can crank them out in no time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%