I Need A Big Help!!! From You Guys Pleaseee

Decorating By konny Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 2:56pm by EllieA

konny Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning, okay here i go... i have to do a wedding cake for November but this one is going to be my first one, she need that cake to serve 75 ppl ok im going to do a 10" 8" and 6" and it will be 2 layer and she want something like this 3 tier cake real flowers here is the problem i do not know how much i can charge her i am in Louisiana. Here some pic that she send me and thank you all i really appreciate your help thanks aging it will be in my pictures there are not mines she send me those

3 replies
MissLisa Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 4

Since all areas of the country are different when it comes to pricing and you have to factor in your own personal skill level, time and ingredients it's hard for anyone to tell you how much to charge.

Figure out what it's going to cost you to make the cake. All ingredients, boards, foils, supports, gas or electric for your oven, etc.

Then figure out how much time it's going to take you and this includes time spent on anything you have to make in advance. Don't forget to figure in the baking time, cooling time and clean up time in addition to the actual decorating time.

Now decide how much you want for an hourly wage and times that by the amount of time you will spend on this cake and then add in the cost of your ingredients.

..........and there ya go, you'll have a price for that cake. Now you might want to take that price and divide it by 75 and you'll get a per serving price which may be helpful when pricing other tiered cakes.

Spuddysmom Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 4

There is a very easy to use computer program you can buy called Cake Boss. Many people use it to help figure out how much to charge to make sure you are not losing money - very common when you are starting out. You've probably noticed that this is a question that comes up a lot and it usually leads to discussions about running a legit/legal bakery. Since you posted in both Spanish and English, I'm curious to see the difference in the answers you receive.

EllieA Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 4

Call bakeries in Louisiana who do wedding cakes, ask for a price for exactly the same thing she wants you to do and then charge her a little less - it is, after all, your first cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%