Whippee

Baking By graciesj Updated 11 May 2011 , 12:12pm by graciesj

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 12

has anyone ever used it? I heard it was a good cream for my strawberry romanoff cake yesterday BUT it wasn't. it was soft and runny. maybe I whipped it to long? who knows! If anyone ever worked with it, please feel free to tell me about it! Because I need some advice. Mind you I did put a liitle too much sugar to it maybe that did it! I DON'T KNOW! THX IN ADVANCE!XO

11 replies
BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 12

Hello!

I did a google search and couldnt even find anything about a product called Whippee. lol I did find a recipe on on Allrecipes called a whippee ripple strawberry cake...is that what you're referring to?

Or are you talking about Dream Whip?

I see you're from Michigan! Me too icon_smile.gif I'm about 20 minutes west of Lansing!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 12

Is that the correct spelling? There's nothing on the internet! I did find this entry on a photo, but maybe the person just made a mistake in spelling?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/upfi/4739261341/

Someone at Cake Central was looking for Whippy icing once:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-608636-previous.html

graciesj Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 12

this is a canadian product based in Toronto called CanAmera Foods. It's an edible oil product, liquid ready to whip . It says to whip at medium speed until peaks form and the topping pulls away from the side of the bowl.for maxium volume and best texture, whip topping cold and avoid over whipping.

my issue with this product is that I waited until it pulled away from the bowl at the same time trying not to over whip it! urgggggggggg

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 12

Sounds very similar to liquid Bettercreme.

With that product, you whip it cold until it forms peaks--soft to stiff, depending on your preference.

If you overwhip it, you can just add in some more of the liquid to loosen it up. It's pretty forgiving, in MHO. I use it all of the time

Rae

graciesj Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 12

[quote="BlakesCakes"]Sounds very similar to liquid Bettercreme.

With that product, you whip it cold until it forms peaks--soft to stiff, depending on your preference.

If you overwhip it, you can just add in some more of the liquid to loosen it up. It's pretty forgiving, in MHO. I use it all of the time

Rae[/quote]

YES IT SOUNDS THE SAMEicon_smile.gif IT SOUNDS LIKE I MIGHT OF NOT WHIPPED IT ENOUGH. I GUESS I COULD TRY IT AGAIN ONE DAY. I FOUND IT VERY SWEET TOO, I MEAN I ADDED ICING SUGAR TO IT BUT OVER ALL TOOOOO SWEET! MAYBE NEXT TIME I'LL ELIMINATE THE SUGAR ALL TOGETHER. THX FOR YOUR IN PUT!GSJXO

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 12

I know what your talking about. I don't put sugar in it, I just whip it up as is, but I do add a product called "whip it" to it to stablize it or it's too soft to ice a cake with. "whip it" is just a stabilizer, so I'm sure any stabilizer would work. Hope that helps. And oh yes, BlakesCakes is right, it is very much like bettercreme.

graciesj Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:55am
post #8 of 12

thx ladies for your input, it's much appreciated!xo

graciesj Posted 7 May 2011 , 1:13am
post #9 of 12

so when should I add the "whip it"?

graciesj Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:11pm
post #10 of 12

Hi ladies I'm just writing you to tell you "whippee" failed me again!!!!!!!!
It says to whip it on med speed and I did. I watched the video of it and listened carefully to the instructions. It whipped for nearly 1/2 hr and I assembled it perfectly. Only to wake up the next morning to find half of the whip cream on the bottom of the cake.
Should I just forget using it from now on? anyone have any suggestion?thank-you

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 11 May 2011 , 5:10am
post #11 of 12

Perhaps that particular icing needs refrigerated.

graciesj Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:12pm
post #12 of 12

Yes chastise, it does need refrigeration and it was . In the video however it says that the temp needs to be between 2-4 degrees. Now how in the world our our home fridges supposed to do that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%