Problem With Fbct... Help

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 1:31am by TheBlonde

TheBlonde Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:38am
post #1 of 6

Ok, I tried doing a FBCT yesterday for the first time and I'm having problems. I used a brush to try and push the icing down to make it smooth but it didn't work. I didn't want to push too hard though because it's not very large and I thought it might mess it up. It's only 1" X 2".

Any suggestions? Thinner BC? Bigger football?

5 replies
scionmom Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:53am
post #2 of 6

I would say your BC wasnt thin enough. This has happened to me before and it always sucks. But not a big thing to fix. Just add a little water or milk and try again. Also you might try instead of doing the lines, do little circles kinda like your coloring. Does that make sense? Good luck and HTH!

TexasSugar Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 6

What consistency of icing did you use? I usually use a soft medium. Also instead of just piping lines move your tip slower and let the icing build out and away from your tip.

After my transfers have been in the freezer for a bit I'll take it out and flip ot over and run my finger to help smooth out any lines. You can also viva it after it is on the cake.

TheBlonde Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks Ladies. I think my icing is just way too stiff. I'm going to try and thin it out in a few minutes and try it again.

JRAE33 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 6

As soon as the transfer comes out, you can wet your finger a little and smooth those lines out. Works well for those times when you do get the lines.

TheBlonde Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:31am
post #6 of 6

yea, still didn't work so I used gumpaste to make them. Came out really good. Maybe I should just stick to what I know for now. Leave the FBCT for when I have more time to play around...

Thanks everyone!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%