Twilight Cake - Tulip And Apple Help

Decorating By andrew1961 Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 1:09pm by cfpeoples

andrew1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrew1961 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 9:33am
post #1 of 5

how do i make the lily for a twilight cake and i also want to make a realistic apple......any ideas?

4 replies
tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 11:31am
post #2 of 5

It's a flaming parrot tulip. I had trouble so mine morphed into something different and I avoided the apple because I've seen so
many unrealistic apples. My Twilight cake was amongst my first cakes so it was SUPER simple (pic in profile).

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 5

I bought a 3D apple candy mold and used that..I made the parrot tulip petals with fondant and a leaf cutter and then played with it a bit.

Paige_Pittman86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paige_Pittman86 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 5

I saw on a twilight cake somebody used a candy Apple and it looked really good

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

I made a twilight cake about a week ago, if you want to look at the picture. I don't have a good camera so it looks pretty washed out in the picture. For the tulip i just used a tulip cutter and painted the red on before i set them out to dry. i ruffled the edges with the gumpast ball tool. I put them in an empty egg carton for their shape. I've made an apple before which you can see on another one of my photos. I used the wilton pan which i believe is for making dresses for those mini-stand up barbie figures. I just really filled it up so when it baked it would mound at the top. Then i just trimmed it to look like an apple. There's some good twilight cakes under that twilight cake contest gallery you could check out too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%