Mass Producing Small Fondant/gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By FromScratchSF Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 10:14pm by FromScratchSF

FromScratchSF Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 6:34am
post #1 of 5

I am going to need to make over 1000 small fondant flowers for cupcakes, all I have are single gumpaste presses. Does anyone know of a way to cut multiples to cut down on time and essentially mass produce them? Maybe a rolling pin or a cutter that has multiple flowers on it? I was able to find a a little daisy cutter that had 6 on it, but was hoping for something a little more unique.

Thanks!

4 replies
lindambc Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 6:58am
post #2 of 5

Hi!

I haven't seen anything like that! I am sorry I can't help you with that...I would love to find a cutter like that...

When I have to do a lot of flowers, I just roll out a big piece of fondant/gumpaste and I just start cutting em! I use egg crates that have not been used for eggs...to shape them

Hope this helps!

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 5

1000 single flowers? BUY THEM! www.avalondeco.com David has more flowers than what's shown on the website. Just give him a call.

Texas_Rose Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 5

I cut out a bunch at a time and put them in a ziplock bag, then take out a few at a time to add details to.

For that many flowers, it would be a lot faster to pipe royal icing centers on them.

FromScratchSF Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 5

Was hoping for a magic link to the perfect fondant cutters! LOL! I'm a from-scratch gal so buying pre-made is not really my thing. Guess I just need to get to work... one at a time icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%