Lorann Flavours & Oils

Decorating By cab333 Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 3:44am by cakeythings1961

cab333 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 5

Hi There,

I am wondering if many of you use Lorann Oils or any other types of flavour syrups in yor cake mixes or icings? I have used the Lorann Flavours, but have not purchased any of the oils. Are the oils strictly for candy making or do you use them in your baking? Please share! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cab333 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 5

i am in the midst of answering my own question....on the Lorann website right now. I do find myself puzzled on what you would use Invertase for? Does this product make fondant pourable??

All4Show Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:34am
post #3 of 5

Invertase? Hmmm....Good qustion hope somebody has an answer. I use Loranns in both my cakes and frostings. I also use Torani and Monin syrups. I used some raspberry icing fruits today for the first time to flavor a batch of whipped icing and it was yummy.

frankdiabetes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:42am
post #4 of 5

Invertase is an enzyme that breaks down sugar. You can use invertase in chocolate covered cherries, let them set for a couple days so the invertase can do its work, and then voilà, gooey cherry middles!

cakeythings1961 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:44am
post #5 of 5

I use the LorAnn cheesecake flavored oil in BC icing to make a dairy-free "cream cheese" icing for my DH who can't have milk. It's really quite good, if I do say so myself! icon_biggrin.gif I've also used their butter/vanilla emulsion in icing, which is also very good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%