Largest Order Yet.......

Decorating By kimbm04r

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 1

I took an order on Friday evening for my largest order yet. It is a wedding cake on the 18th. (For a friend, knew it was coming) This is going to be a total of 5 cakes (194 servings).

The cake is inspired by a cake in the "Wilton Tiered Cakes" book "Pearl Necklace", actually it is on the cover as well. Since it is on the Globe Pillar and Base system, I will be doing the three tier cake with 2 10" satellite cakes that will be decorated identical to the main cake. They will be covered in white buttercream instead of the fondant (bride's choice) but they will be decorated with the "pearl" strands in mint green fondant and the ribbon will be royal purple fondant (they didn't like the idea of having to remove the ribbon for serving). I am going to put the satellite cakes on the 2" globes with a piece of the column cut to fit in the globe to give it more support. I thought this would be a great way to bring all the cakes together as a complete arrangement.

I am also making a royal purple gumpaste topper of roses with white accents of stephanotis and babies breath that will be in a gumpaste "vase". They also want a mint green "G" mongram in the topper as well.

I am giving them the anniversary tier and will be helping my sister serve the cake as a gift to the bride. I am very excited about this. They are also allowing me to have business cards available if anybody wants to know who made the cake.

Does anybody have any concerns about anything as I have described it? Any suggestions on how I should make the monogram and what size it should be?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%