Tiers On Separate Stands

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 5 Sep 2010 , 11:42pm by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what your opinions are on multi-stand wedding cakes. I was thinking of doing this for my own wedding for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I don't have to stress about it being safely delivered to the venue.

I know that stacked cakes are really "in" right now, but I think having the tiers on separate stands is kind of unique. I just hope it doesn't look dated.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Annie

7 replies
BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 8

Hello!

I think a cascading cake can look very pretty!

Mine was cascading icon_smile.gif

I've recently done some cascading cakes too! icon_smile.gif They're not as outdated as you'd think. I really like ones seperated by pillars too, though that isnt routinely seen anymore either...

If you're soley worried however about the transporation with a stacked cake, rest assured! It can be transported if you feel better by tier and stacked at the venue. icon_smile.gif

Happy choosing!

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Beth for your reply. I am only leery about stacking because I am still having problems with SPS. I can't get my cakes to the right height to meet the four inches. Also, I am not going to be the one delivering the cake so that makes me nervous too! The last thing I want to worry about on my wedding day is the cake, LOL!

I have seen some good prices online for cake stands. I'm glad to hear it's not outdated. My mom had separate cakes at her wedding too, which was in 1995. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again,

Annie

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 8

Wilton came out with a very pretty white fillagreed three cake stand this season. My wife got one at Michaels and I used it for a large family birthday party last month. I can't deliver my own cakes but this was easy for family-they just carried the cakes in on the plates and set them on the stand.

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 8

Check out the cake I have in my pictures....its the one with the blue ribbon around each tier. That stand was purchased at Michaels (via 40% off coupon too! I think I ended up paying like, $30 for it?) and is very, very easy to use, so easy my husband could do it. icon_wink.gif

You still can transport each layer of a stacked cake independantly (just like you'd have to for a cake on seperate stands) and then stack at the venue. (Sorry, still had to put that out there, heehee) I transported three tiers of a stacked cake all individually a couple weeks ago and stacked on site. Easy as pie!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 8

Cakes on separators is not out of style, is what kind of separator you use in between what makes a difference. The desing is what will finally make a difference.
Edna icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 8

Yeah that was my next question. Can you recommend a good separator set? The cake will be four tiers so I guess I would need 4 stands. The bottom tier is 14."

Thanks again!

annie

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:42pm
post #8 of 8

I found these on the web, but I don't know how good they are. What do you think of them?

http://cakedecoco.com/wedding_cake_stands.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%