Pet Peeves About Websites

Lounge By ozgirl42 Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 4:19pm by JaeRodriguez

ozgirl42 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:33am
post #1 of 8

Don't you hate going to a lovely bakery website to look at the gorgeous pictures and recipes only to have a bunch of adds pop up asking if you want to loose belly fat, or pounds of fat or take up an offer for one of the many slimming centres?
Love the pics, hate the implied guilt. LOL

7 replies
Pacific Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 8

Those show up on Free hosting sites - that is why there are free. And I agree with you they are darn annoying.

indydebi Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:29am
post #3 of 8

My favorite activity is to check out the cover of Family Circle magazine every month while standing in the check out. With only ONE exception in about 2 years (and that was just a couple of months ago!), the big headline story is about losing weight, losing inches, losing thunder thighs. But the photo on the cover is always ..... ALWAYS ..... a big luscious dessert or food item! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tesso Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 8

It's not a website.. but talk about location, location, location..

I took my nieces on a shopping trip..and they wanted baskin and robbins... we get there and the humor struck me immediately...

strip mall... baskin robins in the middle shop.. to the left.. lane bryant store.. to the right.. jenny craig... icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:42am
post #5 of 8

Encountered a website peeve yesterday. I was checking the website of a Texas event planner. Too bad she hired some gun-ho web designer who was anxious to show everyone how smart and skilled he was. Because I just got tired of waiting for all of his animation to stop so I could get into the website. The site had so many bells and whistles, it was taking forever for the site to download and open.

And like many of her potential clients .... I left the site without even looking.

Just goes to show what we women have known all along: Sometimes bigger AIN'T better! icon_rolleyes.gif

ozgirl42 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 8

Oh I hate that too! You get to the home page (which takes ages to load) only to then "enter" the site proper; which again takes ages to load! Heavens forbid if you actually want to look at the gallery or contact details!
And just to ensure you REALLY have a melt down, they play music at you as well!
OR the navigation is so convoluted that you can't get to where you want to go without a sherpa guide, a six pack and a cut lunch!

sexy_baker Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:27am
post #7 of 8

I hate how those ads pop-up too, definitely annoying! Not just on any cake decorating site but any other sites for that matter. Such a turn-off...icon_sad.gif

JaeRodriguez Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 8

Tesso, we have a Jenny Craig too... sandwiched right in between Marble Slab and Starbucks... on the other side of that Which Wich. Haha :]

Quote by @%username% on %date%