Cupcakes At Taco Bell

Baking By moreCakePlz Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 2:05am by michellenj

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 16

I was at my neighborhood Taco Bell today and saw that they were selling cupcakes. They had a big bakery display rack with their logo all over it. I tried a Red Velvet, but it had a chemical kinda taste. Has anyone else seen cupcakes at their Taco Bell?

15 replies
crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 16

How odd....lol I am going to go there tomorrow and have a look. icon_lol.gif

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 16

now i have to check it out, how weird

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 16

It really bugs me when chains do things like this. Stick with what you're good at, leave the cupcakes to the bakeries--I don't see many bakeries selling Beefy 5 Layer Burritos!

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 12:18am
post #6 of 16

If Taco Bell's version of cupcakes is anything like their version of mexican food, be afraid. Be very afraid. Gut bombs galore. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif
(barfing emoticon)

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 12:23am
post #7 of 16

Fail. That's just my opinion, but yah, what do red velvet cupcakes and tacos have to do with each other? And don't get me wrong, I LOVE Taco Bell... but this doesn't seem to work at all. It might halfway work if the cupcakes were GOOD, but if they're bad on top of it... ugh. Blech.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:39am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Fail. That's just my opinion, but yah, what do red velvet cupcakes and tacos have to do with each other? And don't get me wrong, I LOVE Taco Bell... but this doesn't seem to work at all. It might halfway work if the cupcakes were GOOD, but if they're bad on top of it... ugh. Blech.

That's hilarious! I wonder why in the world Taco Bell would start selling cupcakes. Oh well.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 12:18pm
post #9 of 16

Taco Bell is to Mexican food as Chef Boyardee is to Italian food. So, I don't think it matters too much. I'm not afraid they're stealing any of my customers anyway.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 12:23pm
post #10 of 16

I think goes against the food forcasters who say the cupcake fad is fading. Ha!! I love that McDonalds now serves real cappiccino, real fruit smoothies, iced coffees, iced cappiccinos, etc. I was serving those in my coffee shop 10 years ago!!! And, people think it is "new!"

partycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partycupcake Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 16

Maybe Taco Bell will bring back the Chihuahua advertisements. Instead of "Hey, drop the chalupa" he'll say "Hey, drop the red velvet."

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:35am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Taco Bell is to Mexican food as Chef Boyardee is to Italian food. So, I don't think it matters too much. I'm not afraid they're stealing any of my customers anyway.

I'm sayin'!! It cracks me up when people say, "I can't believe people think Taco Bell is 'real' Mexican food!" Yah, because we're that stupid. It's authentic Mexican in the same way that McDonald's is authentic American. Or, as you so perfectly said, Chef Boyardee... no one would ever want to eat Italian food if that's what they really thought it was! icon_rolleyes.gif

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:50pm
post #13 of 16

Hey, hey, hey, don't dog on the Bell! I work for a Bell franchisee. The Bell is CHEAP Mexican, people. What do you expect for 99 cents?

They will try all sorts of weird stuff, but don't expect it to stick. A test market is just that - a test market. It'll probably die here. Hopefully. I don't think our operations people want to deal with that. Marketing people come up with all sorts of weird ideas.

cjshort98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshort98 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 5:32pm
post #14 of 16

OMG! I just had a nightmare about this! I really really did!!!! Cupcakes at a taco place.... what next, fried chicken at a bakery?????

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 5:44pm
post #15 of 16

I get Taco Belly just thinking about it.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:05am
post #16 of 16

A cupcake is the last thing I want if I'm eating Taco Bell-unless I am drunk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%