Wasc Variation - 14 X 3" Round - Baking Time?

Baking By lsmithbendor Updated 4 Sep 2010 , 5:47pm by lsmithbendor

lsmithbendor Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 4

I never seem to choose the right forum so here's hoping this is in the right place!

I have a variation of the WASC (cakemomytx's White Velvet Cake) in the oven in a 14" round, 3" deep pan - baking at 325 degrees - with a flower nail in the center and bake even strips.

I set the timer for 80 minutes....and it is obviously far from done. I've set it for another 15...ideas on how long I SHOULD have expected this to bake?

3 replies
lsmithbendor Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 4

Well, charming...apparently my opening the oven too soon before it was done has resulted in a fallen center. I'm so annoyed with myself. Next time, i will set the timer for 95 minutes to start in this big of a pan.

it's for a 2 yo bd cake...amongst friends and family, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm mad at myself!!

glow0369 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 4

For a cake this size I don't even start to look until about 90 min. I also bake at 325. Some start baking at a higher temp then turn down part way through. I'll forget to turn down... thumbs_up.gif

lsmithbendor Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Glow0369...good to know. First time baking any cake in this big of a pan and a sort of finicky recipe for me personally cause even in the best conditions it seems to fall a lilttle but not like this! (but my family loves the flavor and are always wanting it)...I guess it's a 'learning experience' LOL. I'll take your suggestion gladly and hopefully not have a repeat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%