Sugarveil - Piping Swiss Dots

Decorating By frstore2 Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 6:20am by frstore2

frstore2 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 6:42am
post #1 of 2

I'm hoping someone has done this and can give me some tips. I was thinking about buying the sugarveil system, but have decided to order just a 1 lb of the icing and give it a try before investing. I have a cake due in two weeks that i thought would be the perfect test. The top layer is small piped dark brown dots on white swiss meringue and the bottom a dark brown satin (sugarveil) ribbon. I have some questions about prep and transport if anyone has done this before.

1) at what point should I pipe the dots directly onto the cake the day before or same day - I want them to set, for transport but I don't want them so delicate that they crack in transport. I'd like to keep the cake very cold as it has a chocolate mousse filling.

2) Can I pipe the dots directly onto the cake with a regular pastry bag and a very small tip. Will they run? Will they bleed? They will be on both the top and sides.

3) Am I better off putting the sugarveil ribbon and bow on on site to prevent it becoming to fragile or can I put it on before transport. Transport will be in cold storage for about an hour.

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

1 reply
frstore2 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 6:20am
post #2 of 2

I'm just going to bump thiswith the hope that someone can answer my question. THanky you

Quote by @%username% on %date%