Help! Spiderman Bust!

Decorating By durell87 Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 1:38pm by SweetIndulgences

durell87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 10

Hi guys I need to make a spiderman bust and could use all the help I can get! This will be the first time I've attempted anything like this! I think I saw a thread awhile back talking about it but I couldn't find it! Anyhelp would be appreciated like how to do the head or make the buttercream so smooth and how to get the web even? Its a choc cake by the way probably with an oreo or marshmellow filling
Thanks for ur help in advance!

9 replies
durell87 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 10

What size pans shouls I use for the chest and shoulders? 9 and 6??? Help!

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 10

personally i would bake a couple sheet cakes, cut them in half after baking, stack and carve them out to the shape of the bust. i guess it really depends upon the size you are wanting. another option would be to bake off a couple 9" circles and stack then carve. hth would love to see the finnished product! good luck

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:07am
post #5 of 10

Thanks adon thats a great tutorial. my only problem is i cant find the foam head. im thinking i need to make the head by rice krispy teats now but ive never done that either! do i just use the recipe on the cereal box? please help!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:22am
post #6 of 10

Hobby Lobby has the heads but you can also go to a beauty supply store they also carry them

Molly

susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:55am
post #7 of 10

I used the tutorial on the frosting fun blog and bought my wig head from http://www.afoxintl.com/product_info.php?pName=wig-head-faceless

I live in a small town, so no local beauty supply or Hobby Lobby stores for me. I got my wig head shipment within a week.

durell87 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 5:37am
post #8 of 10

Ya we don't have a hobby loby here just a micheals and I've already asked them. Hmm ill def check that website to see how fast there shipping is because this is due Sunday! Yikes that keeps getting closer! Any suggestions for rice krispys would still be great guys in case I don't get the foam head in time! Thanks

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 9:43pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by durell87

Thanks adon thats a great tutorial. my only problem is i cant find the foam head. im thinking i need to make the head by rice krispy teats now but ive never done that either! do i just use the recipe on the cereal box? please help!

Check your local beauty supply store or wig shop. They will sell foam heads.

SweetIndulgences Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetIndulgences Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:38pm
post #10 of 10

Hi! I just did this cake for a customer who saw the one here on Cake Central. I made the head out of Rice Krispies, and it really wasn't all that hard. I did use PVC pipe for structure that was stuck into a plastic beverage cup. As far as cakes, I made 2 8" squares. I cut the 1st one in half and put one half in front and one in back of the plastic cup, and then cut the other one in quarters and used 2 of the quarters on each side of the cup. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%