I Love Ppl's Expectations :)

Decorating By eve81 Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 10:49am by eve81

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 10:49am
post #1 of 7

So I get a text message last night from a friend who has been asked to text me from one of her family members.
Its says basically "Know you're kind of busy this weekend, and it's a bit late notice but I'll never hear the end of it if I dont ask you, so, Can you make a cake for Friday just saying Happy 40th and Kitten cake for sunday? And how much would that be?

I've never sold a cake. I only do them as gifts for friends and family and "kind of busy this weekend" is me going to our best friends wedding. did I mention I have 2 kids under the age of 3 to look after?

Guess how long I waited before I politely declined icon_lol.gif

6 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 11:35am
post #2 of 7

Wow! Well, you know what they say . . God loves a tryer icon_smile.gif lol

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 11:49am
post #3 of 7

[quote="eve81"]So I get a text message last night from a friend who has been asked to text me from one of her family members.
Its says basically "Know you're kind of busy this weekend, and it's a bit late notice but I'll never hear the end of it if I dont ask you, so, Can you make a cake for Friday just saying Happy 40th and Kitten cake for sunday? And how much would that be?

I've never sold a cake. I only do them as gifts for friends and family and "kind of busy this weekend" is me going to our best friends wedding. did I mention I have 2 kids under the age of 3 to look after?
pfffftttt - what about all that spare time you have - inbetween washing - vaccing - shopping - cleaning bathrooms - feeding small children - ironing - mopping - scrubbing toilets - cooking family meals - making beds - doing dishes - running to the loo - bathing small children - sleeping - taking the bins out - cleaning car - answering phone - feeding the dog - putting shopping away icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Some people have a nerve - shame they don't have a head full of brain cells icon_rolleyes.gif

Guess how long I waited before I politely declined icon_lol.gif
You haven't yet - icon_wink.gif lollllllllllllllllllllllll

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 7

I had someone call me last friday evening at about 4pm and ask if I could make them a sheet cake to feed about 60ppl with a daycare theme (including fondant decor), and have it ready by 12pm the next day. I'm just like you, I don't sell my cakes...I just make them for friends and family and if I get money for them, it's only enough to cover supplies. I'm sure that would have been possible if I was a pro with the resources and large enough oven, but I was totally overwhelmed by the idea! icon_wink.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 7

I had this happen this past summer...had someone call me on Monday asking for a 4 tier wedding cake with sugar roses for Saturday! I tried SOOOO hard not to laugh as I told them that they would have had to book me back in November for a June wedding because that's how long I've had June, July AND August booked up solid. The silence on the other end of the line was deafening...LOL! I heard thru the grapevine that they ended up buying cupcakes.

Cat

microbiology1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microbiology1 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 3:36am
post #6 of 7

Wow. Do they know you can buy a cake that says 'happy 40th' just about anywhere without having to inconvenience and annoy a friend?!

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:49am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbiology1

Wow. Do they know you can buy a cake that says 'happy 40th' just about anywhere without having to inconvenience and annoy a friend?!

y'know something, that's what I thought and then I realised it was because they thought they could get me to do it cheaper. I'll bet they already phoned the local bakery and asked about it.....! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%