Need An Easy Filling For Cupcakes

Baking By lyn144 Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 11:40pm by litlecuchi

lyn144 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyn144 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:03am
post #1 of 9

I've never filled cupcakes before but I want to try it. Can you use just plain frosting or pudding? I am making chocolate and yellow cupcakes. TIA

8 replies
TheSweetestThingCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetestThingCS Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:17am
post #2 of 9

hey there! well, the filling i use is a vanilla cream made with marshmallows. it goes with just about any cake flavor and its a HUGE hit.

2 tsp very hot water
1/4 tsp salt
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Dissolve the salt in the hot water and let cool.

Whip the marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it begins to get fluffy. Add the water and whip!

soooooo easy but SOOOOOOO good! try it! =)
hope i helped a bit
-Hilda

TheSweetestThingCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetestThingCS Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:19am
post #3 of 9

oh to fill it just put the filling in a piping bag with a #12 tip and just stick it into the cupcake squeeze til you feel it has enough (not too much) then thats it!!

Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:34am
post #4 of 9

Ganache makes a good filling.

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:46am
post #5 of 9

Hi
My gang loves a marshmallow creme filling. Very simple. 1 stick of butter and a jar of marshmallow fluff. Very good, because its not overly sweet and doesn't compete with either the cupcake or the icing. I have also added some Torani syrups. Rasberry in particular is really good.

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 9

We do A LOT of filled cupcakes...it sort of takes them to a whole new level. Fruit fillings are always a hit...raspberry or strawberry with chocolate, apricot is yummy with a butter cake. We also do chocolate mousse or cream filling. I just did a vanilla cake filled with strawverries and a champagne buttercream and topped with buttercream. They were amazing! The possibilities are endless.

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 9

For white cupcakes, I put either strawberry or raspberry preserves in a piping bag with a Wilton 12 tip and squirt it in the center of the cupcake. I then top with buttercream or cream cheese frosting.

For chocolate cupcakes, I use caramel ice cream topping. I put it in a squirt bottle that has a pointed nozzle. I stab it into the cupcake 3-4 times and squeeze small amounts in the middle. Most of it will soak into the cupcake, leaving the center nice and gooey and delicious. I then top of with cream cheese icing, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of caramel.
**FYI: Do not use the squeeze bottles from Wilton that they sell in the candy-making isle. The lids pop off and caramel shoots everywhere. The bottles I use came from the kitchen utensil isle in WalMart!

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetestThingCS

hey there! well, the filling i use is a vanilla cream made with marshmallows. it goes with just about any cake flavor and its a HUGE hit.

soooooo easy but SOOOOOOO good! try it! =)
hope i helped a bit
-Hilda

Would this work to put the swirl on top? I have been volunteered to make a couple dozen cupcakes on top of an already busy schedule. Need something very quick and easy.

Local grocery has limited selection icon_smile.gif

TIA

litlecuchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
litlecuchi Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 11:40pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you guys that is such a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%