Sharon Zambito Help...

Baking By DarleneP Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 8:44pm by DarleneP

DarleneP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DarleneP Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

Sharon I have 4 of your videos-love them. I have been trying to figure out how to make your buttercream in the kitchenaid 6 quart lift bowl mixer. After reading the posts I am even more confused as the ingredients vary in measurements a lot.... icon_confused.gif Do you have one that you know works for sure and you endorse? I appreciate your help.

5 replies
mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:13am
post #2 of 6

Hi Darlene. I'm not Sharon (duh!) but I have a 6 qt lift KitchenAide and here's her recipe that I use:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7325/sugarshacks-buttercream-for-a-6qt-mixer

icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:16am
post #3 of 6

Here is the one Wendy uses in hers:

3 lbs sweetex (usse a kitchen scale)

6.5 lbs powdered sugar (use a 4 cup measuing cup, 4 cups=1 lb)

9 tbsp wedding bouquet

11 tbsp hot coffe mate liquid

cream sweetex and liquids on first speed very well. add half amount of powdered sugar, let mix 30 seconds, then add rest of powdered sugar. scrape sides of bowl very well turn speed up one notch, mix for 9 minutes. scrape sides of bowl around top, mix for 1 minute longer. (Do not turn off mixer durning this scraping!) now, turn off mixer, remove paddle and cover with plastic wrap. let sit for 1 hour or longer.

HTH!

DarleneP Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

mpetty-notice the difference in the one Sharon sent? There is a significant difference in liquid and since I really don't know what to expect-it is confusing.....I do appreciate your help though-it was kind of you and Sharon to try to help me.

SugarKissesCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarKissesCakery Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 6

Darlene, I am a HUGE fan of Sugarshack's icing recipe. I have noticed I need to add more liquid than her original recipe calls for. I'm assuming it is because the climate in Louisiana (where Sharon lives) is much more humid than the climate here in Ohio. With you being in NY, I would assume it would be the same for you. Take Sharon's recipe and add about 5 more tablespoons of liquid. It is not an exact science so don't get too hung up on a few tablespoons here or there.

DarleneP Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 6

So Sugar kisses, you support mpettys suggested recipe-good to know. I am going to try as soon as I can get someone to ship me some sweetex....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%