Wedding Cake Not Served!

Decorating By Coral3 Updated 21 Dec 2011 , 10:36pm by AnnieCahill

SunshineBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineBaker Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 5:51pm
post #211 of 219

Oh, by the way, forgot to tell you Coral -- I thought the cake was beautiful.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 1:01am
post #212 of 219

------------------------------------------------- U P D A T E ------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear! My mother in law just sent around a piece of The Wedding Cake for us to 'enjoy'...and I use that word rather loosely as The Cake has now been in her freezer for no less than TWENTY MONTHS. Now, also...when I say 'piece', I'm actually referring to a quarter of a WHOLE TIER...

I can only assume that with Christmas fast approaching, her freezer-space situation was critical and she had to have a clear-out. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Coral3 Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 1:18am
post #213 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaker

Oh, by the way, forgot to tell you Coral -- I thought the cake was beautiful.

Thank you icon_smile.gif ...at the time I was really pleased with it, although it's one of those cakes now that I look back at and think 'eh...maybe I could have done it better' you know? It bugs me now that the figurines are standing so far apart, but at the time I just didn't notice that somehow. Oh well, it's all a learning curve! icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 1:45am
post #214 of 219

did you try it?? how did it taste!? i just can't believe the nerve icon_surprised.gif

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 4:22am
post #215 of 219

Well, at least you know they weren't keeping it to eat it themselves, or it wouldn't still be there. Which still leaves the question, "Why the heck didn't they serve the cake?!"

I also want to know if you tasted it.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 8:20pm
post #216 of 219

I haven't read all the pages yet, but to be devil's advocate, it it possible that the hall had some sort of rule that you had to get the all food through them? Maybe the cake was for the pictures and that's why she didn't serve it? I have no idea if that happens, but I honestly cannot fathom why someone wouldn't serve the cake. Your cake is very well executed, very lovely!

Coral3 Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 9:16pm
post #217 of 219

^ The wedding was at a private residence, and I'm 99% sure there wouldn't have been any catering contract conflicts or anything like that with the arrangement they had (that particular caterer doesn't make or provide wedding cakes even if you wanted them to, so I can't see how they would object to somebody else's cake being served - ?)

Coral3 Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 9:28pm
post #218 of 219

For those who are wondering how this almost-two-years-frozen wedding cake tastes, I just tried a piece. (I wasn't going to, purely because I was feeling a bit put out that they would wait two years, and THEN gives us a huge hunk of it when they obviously just got sick of it taking up freezer space...) Anyway, amazingly the cake actually tastes great - you would seriously not know it had been frozen so long (or even at all) if you weren't told. It's chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache, and they do generally freeze brilliantly anyway, but I have to say - am pleasantly surprised!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 10:36pm
post #219 of 219

LOL, that cracks me up! Nice of them to share that with everyone two years after the fact!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%