How Should I Store A Cake With A Fondant Convered Cake Board

Decorating By SugarMama5 Updated 5 Sep 2010 , 10:30pm by SugarMama5

SugarMama5 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 6

How should I store a cake with a fondant convered cake board? I'm trying to figure out if the cake will be ok to be left out on the counter or not. I put it in the fridge (cake & fondant covered cakeboard) and the fondant on the cake board now seems a bit sticky. I'd love to keep it out, but the filling is the Stawberries n Cream filling (found on CC) and it is whipping cream, vanilla pudding & jello powder. (SO GOOD by the way!) I'm afraid if I leave it out they will get sick when they eat the cake, but who wants a sticky fondant covered cake board.

So many learning curves, I'm feeling a bit ill... icon_wink.gif

5 replies
brincess_b Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 6

refridgerating fondant can mean condensations forms on it. usually evaporates without any damage. if u store the cake in a box, then let it come to room temp, the condensations forms on the box, not the food.
i dont know if that recipe needs to be in the fridge or not, but thats why i stick to flavoured bc usually so i dont need to worry about stuff like this!
xx

mommynana Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 6

i storded a fondant cake board and cake in the fridge for 3 days and had no problem with it. as a matter of fact the board was in the fridge for 2 days before i put the cake on it

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 6

Pudding and whipping cream have to be kept in the fridge. A sticky board is better than food poisoning!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cathyscakes Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 6

It will be fine, just don't touch it until it evaporates, there will be some condensation, but its never been a problem. But definitely refrigerate with that type of filling.

SugarMama5 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 6

It turned out OK. It was sticky when it came out (the board) but the condensation went away. Cake was refridgerated & they loved it. Phew, no one sick & no icky, sticky cake board! icon_smile.gif

Thanks for everyone's help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%