Where To Get Fondant Colouring

Decorating By alexxturnerr Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 9:27pm by dchockeyguy

alexxturnerr Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 5

If I wanted to colour fondant red where would I get the red colouring? Or how would I go about it?

4 replies
leily Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 5

If you're making your own I would add the red to the liquid before adding the PS. Takes a lot less coloring and a lot less kneeding.

If you're coloring pre-made fondant i definitely suggest Americolor colors. You can order them online, or it sounds like most Hobby Lobby's are starting to carry them now. I use Super Red and it works great. Another option is to first color it pink and then use the red coloring. Make sure you make it a day or two in advance as the longer it sits the darker it gets.

cherrycakes Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 5

Hi! You can colour fondant with any gel colour - Americolor, Wilton, CK - just not the liquid-type of food colour that you buy at the grocery store. You can order all of these online or pick up Wilton at Michaels', JoAnn's or any good cake decorating supply store. Red tends to be very tricky and you need a lot of gel colour to achieve a true red. I tend to start out using pink and then add red after that. Also, the colour will darken overnight so you may not need as much as you think. Good luck!

mcdonald Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 5

if you are making your own, add red jello to the marshmallow mixture.....

dchockeyguy Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

Places like Michaels, Hobby Lobby and AC Moore sell them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%