Cake Cart For Deliveries

Decorating By cakeaddikt Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 11:14pm by ladyonzlake

cakeaddikt Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know where I can buy a reasonably priced rolling cart that folds for cake deliveries??

11 replies
Kellbella Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 12

That folds??? I've never seen anything like that...try a Home Depot or maybe a resteraunt supply store.

sweetkake Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 12

There is one out there. I've seen it at halls and I couldn't find a name on it. The owner wasnt interested in telling me the name. lol Sometime ago I googled but didnt find it. I'm going to try again soon. It does exsist.

Kellbella Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkake

There is one out there. I've seen it at halls and I couldn't find a name on it. The owner wasnt interested in telling me the name. lol Sometime ago I googled but didnt find it. I'm going to try again soon. It does exsist.

Let us know if you find it!! thumbs_up.gif

kse Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 12

You can try this. If folds down. I just bought one but haven't used it yet!
http://www.handtrucksrus.com/CrashDetail.aspx?id=932

cakeaddikt Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 12

Thank you so much everyone!!! I tried looking on Google and I wasnt too successful. Your suggestions are so helpful!! Love this site!!

lexi55033 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 12

This is the cart that I have and I would highly recommend it. It's great! Folds flat and is the perfect size for getting between doorways, etc.

Elaine2581 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:20pm
post #10 of 12

I just bought the one from handtrucksrus that kse recommended. It is heavy but it really worked great. I have my husband to help me with deliveries. His arms were shaking by the time he set down a 4 tiered cake, so that was when he suggested we look into purchasing a cart. We considered the one with the basket on the bottom but chose the other one because of the handle and the options of using it in other ways. When we were to deliver another 4-tiered cake to the sister of the first one and to the same church fellowship hall, he was very happy to be able to just roll it in and the friends were quite impressed with our new toy. The free shipping was a bit selling point for us and this site sells it for a bit less than others we had looked into. Hope that helps.

Shrages Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:32pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeaddikt

Does anyone know where I can buy a reasonably priced rolling cart that folds for cake deliveries??

Here is a link,
http://handtrucks2go.com/Hand-Truck/
they have a great selection of convertible/folding hand trucks at very reasonable prices.

ladyonzlake Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 11:14pm
post #12 of 12

I have a fold up cart from Costco but I'm not happy with it. Make sure it has good wheels and rides smoothly on rough surfaces like some of the sidewalks. Mine is also really noisy. I feel like my cake is shaking apart on some of the rough surfaces.

I really like the looks of the Deflect-O on 2-kiddos post. The wheels look large and sturdy and I like how it can fold out to carry more stuff. I've done a couple of wedding expos in the last couple of months and I could have used a larger cart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%