Chocolate Buttercream!

Baking By chattycakes Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 2:04pm by Maggie30701

chattycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chattycakes Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 3

I am in need of a Chocolate buttercream similar in flavor to Wilton's Chocolate Decorator Icing! Can some one please steer me in the right direction! $3.50 a small can is going to break the bank!! LOL

2 replies
Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 3

I don't have any idea what Wilton's choc BC tastes like but....when I want choc BC, I simply add 3 oz of Baker's semi sweet choc bars (melted in the microwave), to my regular BC (already made). Works great and tastes great. Sometimes I have a bit more liquid to it, if it seems a little stiff (I use HWC as my liquid). BTW, I use IndyDebi's buttercream recipe for all my BC needs. It never fails me, easy to make, easy to apply, easy to crust and smooth, and tastes great! Holds up to heat and humidity like a champ.

Maggie30701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maggie30701 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Chatty Cakes! I was having the same dilemma as you just a few short weeks ago. Go to www.designmeacake.com Edna is a very well known cake artist, instructor and friend. She has a wonderful recipe for chocolate bc icing that is to die for. She also has tutorials that are worth watching. Her cakes were on the very first issue of CC. You will love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%