Filling Cupcakes

Baking By Tclanton Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 6:57pm by Ruth0209

Tclanton Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 9

Good Morning! Would like to know your suggestions on methods for inserting filling into cupcakes. I am baking red velvet cupcakes and would like to fill with cheesecake bavarian cream.

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Thanks, T

8 replies
SuzyNoQ Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 9

Some people just fill it with a pastry filling tip until it starts to expand, others use an apple corer and take out some of the middle fill then replace the plug.

Tclanton Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 9

Sounds good - after they are filled, should they go into the frig?

nonilm Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 9

I have used the cupcake filler tip from Wilton. It is a little easier to use because it is long and skinny. Just insert it into the cupcake and pull out as you squeeze. I think this method produces a slightly smaller amount of filling than using an apple corer, but it's still enough icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, i use the piping bag and nozzle method.
Works great - and doesn't take long to do.

Wouldn't mind seeing your CBC recipe - sounds delish icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Tclanton Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 9

Bluehue - sent it too you enjoy!!

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions - cant wait to do them now.

Relznik Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:24pm
post #7 of 9

I don't have a special filling tip... I just push my Wilton 1M nozzle into the cupcake and slowly squeeze... you can just tell when there's enough. The cake starts to expand a little. As soon as you see that happening, stop squeezing and pull the nozzle out!! icon_smile.gif

Suzanne x

Tclanton Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks to all of you!

Ruth0209 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 6:57pm
post #9 of 9

The tip made for it is a Bismarck pastry tip. Long and skinny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%