Rat Birthday Cake

Decorating By catsmum Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 1:24pm by Caths_Cakes

catsmum Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 3

Request last night from a lady wanting a R-A-T cake for her granson's 21st birthday on Saturday!!!! icon_confused.gif She wants a cake with these creatures on them looking as if they have been eating the cake. These animals give me the creeps so much that I can't even say the word ( I have to spell it out). Somehow she had forgotten she had promised to organise the cake for the party and was desperate otherwise I would have said I couldn't do it. I've found this photo on CC http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=27580 from Bayamoy which I guess is the concept she is after. I'm not sure I could handle something so lifelike so was wondering if I could make more of a cartoon rat like Remy. Any thoughts or links to tutorials?

2 replies
sunlover00 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 3

That really doesn't look too hard....really just a blob of fondant with a little shape here and there, and marked up with a knife or fork for the hair look. Maybe you could make smaller ones and have 2 on the cake? Maybe when you're done, you'll be a R-A-T friend! icon_biggrin.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3

Rats are wonderful creatures icon_smile.gif Pet rats anyway, ive had several, there extreemly intelligent, loving animals icon_smile.gif I cried for a week after my pet Rucy the rat was put to sleep icon_sad.gif

Moving on lol . . just remember, its not real its only fondant, And once its all done, you can be proud to know you accomplished something that gave you the heebyjeebys icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%