Packaging Pumpkin Rolls

Business By suzylynn58 Updated 5 Sep 2010 , 12:27pm by suzylynn58

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:24am
post #1 of 14

I am thinking about offering pumpkin rolls for the holidays. For those of you who do these, how do you package them? When I've made them for my family or friends, I just wrap them in foil, but would like to make my packaging more professional.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

13 replies
jandrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jandrmom Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:52am
post #2 of 14

I package mine in a styrofoam "clamshell" container. I then wrap a ribbon around it to help keep it closed. I have not been able to find a clear container that was cost effective.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 14

I only opened this up because I was going to tell what my sister does...hmmm-sister already responded! icon_smile.gif

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 14

Pumpkin rolls are one of our biggest sellers. We cut ours and put it on an inexpensive platter, wrap in a a gift basket bag, and tie with a ribbon. Hope this helps.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 14

I purchased one last year at a craft fair I was working at... yum! Anyway, it looked like they packaged them on a cake board and wrapped them really tightly with clear plastic wrap. Not very fancy, but they sold out!

icesk8ermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icesk8ermom Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggracecakedesigns

Pumpkin rolls are one of our biggest sellers. We cut ours and put it on an inexpensive platter, wrap in a a gift basket bag, and tie with a ribbon. Hope this helps.

Hmm....thinking I may need to find a recipe and play with this!

Oh the package question...How about a tray with a dome lid? You could put a was covered (food save) paper liner on the bottom and top off with a ribbon. I guess the trick is findind a cheap enough tray and dome lid.

Good luck!

suzylynn58 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 10:51pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks for all the great responses!

jandrmom, do you slice the pumpkin roll to package in the the clamshell?

icesk8ermom, you're right about the domed trays. they are expensive! and I am trying to keep the price reasonable.

I like the idea of the platter too!

ChocolateCheetah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChocolateCheetah Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 12:18pm
post #8 of 14

what about using something like these. IF yo udont mind me asking what are you charging for a roll?

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 14

I used to work for a caterer and we packaged the cake rolls on a Styrofoam in a cake dome. It was a deep 10-inch dome for a 9-inch cake. I made the rolls in a full sheet pan and then cut into three cakes. They sold for $18.

suzylynn58 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 9:38pm
post #10 of 14

I am going to charge $12, I think. That is about the going rate around where I live.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:33am
post #11 of 14

I'm going to put mine in clear bread bags and then tie them off with pretty ribbon and probably a matching sticker or something.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:34am
post #12 of 14

I actually have a question too. I should have asked it a minute ago.

I can't use my usual cream cheese filling. Does anyone know of a cream cheese recipe that doesn't have to be refrigerated? And not a cream cheese frosting recipe. I'm at odd ends here.

Thanks!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:56am
post #13 of 14

Here are some clear clam shell type. They can be dressed up for the holidays with ribbon or stickers or tissue. I've ordered cupcake containers and other packaging from them. Not sure what your costs need to be, but I like that they let you order small piece quantities.

http://plasticcontainercity.com/Bakery-Packaging.htm

suzylynn58 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 12:27pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks! I saw a couple of those that may work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%