I'm Sure This Is A Stupid Question

Decorating By mombabytiger Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 2:24am by DefyGravity

mombabytiger Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:57am
post #1 of 5

But I'm fairly new here! I am doing a wedding cake this weekend for my cousin. She is expecting 85 people. She wants three tiers. I guess I'll do a separate little cake for her anniversary as some of you have suggested in other places. (As you can tell, I am not a wedding cake baker - this is just a family favor for a very sweet cousin who has done countless favors for me)

What sizes should the tiers be? Just in case I'm ever called upon to do another wedding cake, is there somewhere on this site that has a chart or something?

TIA. You ladies are amazing and I am in constant awe of your expertise and your beautiful creations!

4 replies
Occther Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:09am
post #2 of 5

Check out Wilton.com - they have charts.

cakeythings1961 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:11am
post #3 of 5

This chart should help you:

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/wedding-cakes/wedding-cake-data.cfm

You might want to spend some time exploring the Wilton site--it has lots of helpful info.

It's a very special thing to have a wedding cake lovingly made by a dear family member...I'm sure your cousin will treasure the memory! Good luck to you icon_smile.gif

mombabytiger Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 5

Thank you SO much! I hope she still thinks it's special after it's finished! At least I know it will taste good. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a picture and you all can give me some criticism (after you get through laughing).

DefyGravity Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:24am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombabytiger

Thank you SO much! I hope she still thinks it's special after it's finished! At least I know it will taste good. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a picture and you all can give me some criticism (after you get through laughing).

Nobody will laugh! I look forward to seeing the cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%