Can I Use Colorflow To Make Numbers For Top Of Cake?

Decorating By emilyo Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 5:34am by tesso

emilyo Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:40am
post #1 of 3

I am in the process of making a 40th Anniversary cake. I plan on doing 3 stacked fondant covered layers banded with ruby colored ribbon. I don't want to do any writing on the cake and have been looking for ideas for a cake top to signify the 40th anniversary. Unfortunately I can't find much for a 40th. I even tried ebay and found only a couple very tacky looking things. Has anyone ever used colorflow to do numbers to stand on a cake. I thought they might look quite nice if I could find a nice font to do them. Any thoughts on this? Also if anyone has other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

2 replies
icer101 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:53am
post #2 of 3

yes, you can do them with colorflow. Also , most people use gumpaste to make these numbers. They either cut them with cutters(can use cookie cutters) or roll the gum paste into each number, then using a small skewer and insert into the numbers and let dry. The 40 on my road of life cake was made with gum paste with small skewers . hth

tesso Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:34am
post #3 of 3

oh yah, you can do them. THey are fun, but remember to make TWO of everything, because they do like to break sometimes. Look at my fishing cake. THe boat, the fish, and the happy birthday mom & dad are all made out of RI flo-icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%