Nj Home Bakers' Bill Petition Update

Lounge By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 5:55pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 7

Hi. Since I've been getting quite a few e-mails, PMs, etc., I thought I would let everyone know where we are as far as the petition goes.

I have a Surprise 50th wedding anniversary party that I am throwing on Saturday, Sept. 4, 2010. I am making edible cookie favors, centerpeices and the cake, as well as taking my in-laws to the venue for the surprise. I am totally inundated with this right now. But once I get through that I will have time to contact the owner of the site where the petition is being hosted and have it, along with the signatures printed out.

Once I receive the petition and signatures, I will make copies for each of our State representatives, both Assemblymen/women and Senators, and then I will work on a cover letter to go with it and send them out. When I do this I will let everyone know (on Cake Central, NJ Cake Decorator's Meetup and on Facebook) and will encourage everyone to begin writing, e-mailing, and/or calling their Reps, too.

I'm hoping to do all of this next week. Please be patient. Remember, this is an uphill battle and the odds are slim, but if we all keep at it, we just might make this happen. Also remember, the representatives work for US and REPRESENT US!

-Grace

6 replies
NatD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatD Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 7

sorry if this is repetative to you ...could you let me know how you started going about getting this done? I'm in CA and would love to start a petition..thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

thefancyladygourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefancyladygourmet Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 7

this is awsome your doing this when i first started and found this out i was so pissed that nj had this law i was lucky enough to have a friends uncle who owned someplace to rent but they are closing so im pretty screwed now since i didn't have to pay that much to rent it

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 1:29am
post #4 of 7

Thank you Grace!!!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 7

Grace, just keep in mind that persistence is key. The day we had our hearing, there was a group in the room sitting behind us who were on their 4th attempt to get their bill passed. There will be setbacks, but as long as you can keep this issue in people's minds, you will keep it alive. And as long as it's alive, there is hope. Keep on truckin'. icon_smile.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you very much for all your efforts.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 7

Please see:http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7031263-.html#7031263 for the newest update (not much, but I did post what I have).

-Grace

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%