Need Some Non-Fridge Filling Ideas!

Decorating By confectionsofahousewife Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 3:33am by iluvpeeks

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys. I am making a cake to take to the lake this weekend for a family member's birthday. Its a white cake and I like to put fruity fillings in my cakes. Usually I use curds. I would really like to use something that is fruity and flavorful but I cannot refrigerate it. Its a 1.5 hour drive and fridge space will be at a premium so I don't think there will be room for cake. Any thoughts on something that is flavorful that will contrast nicely with the white cake? Thanks in advance for any ideas!

3 replies
manomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manomi Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 4

I love to do chocolate ganache (whipped or dark) when i know that it will be sitting outside for a few hours..HTH

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:30am
post #3 of 4

Hi I love to use the sleeve fillings. Strawberry is always a winner, especially with wasc. there are also several other flavors, all very good. I purchase mine through Global Sugar Art. This past weekend I made a Birthday Cake for my Mother. She really likes Strawberry filling. So, I did the usual, wasc w/ strawberry filling, only I added a little twist this time. I melted Belgium chocolate, let is set on freezer paper in the freezer, put that on the layer first, than put strawberry filling on top of that. I did 3 layers that way, and oddly enough, it tasted like chocolate covered cherries! Just an idea.
Kathy

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:33am
post #4 of 4

Oh, one more thing. I travelled almost 2 hours with cake, and it was hot here in NY. Just make sure that you make a sturdy dam, so the fillings don't leak out and cause a blowout.
Kathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%