Gumpaste And Fondant Flowers???

Decorating By Yankie Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm by JenniferMI

Yankie Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 6

Im about to make some roses just to practice..and im gonna mix gumpaste and I mix half and half of each????

And should I make my petals thin as if it was just gumpaste or a little thicker?

Thank You so much!!

5 replies
JenniferMI Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 6

You can make them out of 50/50 but I usually don't. Regular gumpaste works really well (for me). I roll is super thin...

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

shalini1 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 6

Luck in your practice time!

when I make flowers, I normally use pure gumpaste. When I start modelling figures, I use modelling paste (50/50). I like to roll my gumpaste very thinly and once I'm done working on it, I want it to dry fairly quickly. 50/50 will take a bit longer to dry, but you'll be able to work with it longer.

Yankie Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 6

I made roses before with just the gumpaste and i know you are supposed to make them really thin, however, I was gonna try making them with 50/50 fondant and gumpaste..but I was wondering how should my petals be..really thin or a little thicker since im mixing with fondant.

TexasSugar Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 6

The plus to using gumpaste is that you can get them super thin which makes them more realistic.

No matter what you are using you still want to roll it out very thin, otherwise it can cause tearing and stretching when you are thinning the edges, which can misshapen petals.

JenniferMI Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 6

Maybe a TAD thicker with 50/50...I don't think that is as strong?? I'm guessing though....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%