What Else Can I Offer Than Just Cakes?

Business By Kiddiekakes Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 5:29pm by dchockeyguy

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 9

I want to try and expand a little and offer more than just custom cakes.By that I mean...do some of you offer squares,fruit baskets etc..I have sugar cookies but I rarely get orders for them as I have raised the price (Very Time consuming) and I am not selling them for cheap when they take hours to do..I am okay with no orders for them though as I don't really enjoy decorating cookies...

So my question is what other edibles can a person offer which are easy to make ...don't requre expensive ingredients and don't take hours to make?

Thanks icon_wink.gif

8 replies
CakesIMake Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 9

cakepops/balls?

jason_kraft Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 9

Fruit tarts are a good option, we sell a decent amount (mostly mini fruit tarts). They are pretty easy to make, and fruit is usually a good price at Costco.

leily Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 9

I also offer drop cookies - choco chip, snickerdoodle, sugar cookies (no decorations), peanut butter etc...

Brownies (i use a family scratch recipe)

Rice krispy treats - these are my next biggest seller after cakes, and they are SOOOO O easy. I use a large roasting pan on my stove top over a couple of burners and I can do a quadrouple batch of ricekrispies at once. I then put them in a 12x18x2 pan and let cool for 1/2 an hour. I turn the pan over onto a cutting board and cut the treats to size. During the holidays i form them in the wilton comfort grip cookie cutters and even color the marshmallows.

jason_kraft Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 9

How much do you sell rice krispies treats for? We sell vegan (marshmallow-free) RK treats for $12/dozen and gluten-free for $18/dozen. Only a few people have ordered them though.

leily Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkraft

How much do you sell rice krispies treats for? We sell vegan (marshmallow-free) RK treats for $12/dozen and gluten-free for $18/dozen. Only a few people have ordered them though.

a dz 2x2x2 squares foe $12
the 4" shaped ones (from the comfort grip cutters) $3/ea

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone..Some great ideas....

SpudCake Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 9

I have a storefront and I offer cookies, cake by the slice, cake pops, cruffles aka cakeballs, muffins, cupcakes, anything else when I have time.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

dchockeyguy Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 9

I assume you also do cupcakes, right? Brownies are a good choice, as are truffles. I love making truffles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%