Help With A Cake Topper??

Decorating By michel30014 Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 1:58pm by VentureSister

michel30014 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone,

My daughters birthday is coming up and after much discussion, she and I came up with a cake design that she loves (Special Thank you to 7yyrt for her awesome ideas)!! Anyway, so heres what we are going to do. 3 tiered cake. Bottom layer will be a zebra background with Tokio Hotel medallions on it. Using this design http://images.paraorkut.com/im.....rn-144.png but using the following Tokio Hotel logo instead of the original medallions shown in the zebra background.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss84/hydendalton/213982.jpg. Ok, middle layer will be black and have (buttercream) red hearts, hot pink stars, and white dots along the side.

Now, my dilemma is what to do for the very top of the cake and top sides. She wants to have a pic(s) of the Tokio Hotel band members on the cake. Edible images are out of the question, however, I know I can laminate a pic.

My original idea was to make a black tulle bow and maybe add stars on wires sticking out the top, But, (1.)my daughter is not crazy for big bows or huge flowers and (2) this cake is slightly out of my comfort zone (but willing to try). Ive never made fondant toppers and have no clue how to make a star or anything to put on the top much less add wires to a cake.

I certainly dont mind trying but this topper thing has me questioning myself. Ive never used gumpaste or modeling chocolate. An actually, she wasnt totally averse to the black tulle bow but definitely did not want any fondant bows or flowers. Not sure what else I can do.

What can I do for the top? Any suggestions? Please help me!

2 replies
michel30014 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 3

bump!! I still need suggestions.

Thanks so much!

VentureSister Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 3

Maybe band instruments made out of fondant/gumpaste (using molds) to symbolize the band?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%