Fondant Tiara

Decorating By cab333 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 8:27pm by ginger6361

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 11:23am
post #1 of 6

Good Morning,

I have purchased a silicone tiara mould, and hope to be able to play around with it this evening. Curious to know if anyone out there has ever used one of these, and if you have any tips you would like to share? I am very curious to know your opinions on using either fondant alone, or gumpaste and fondant? TIA!
icon_smile.gif

5 replies
cab333 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:03am
post #2 of 6

Well....if anyone has any wisdom to share now would be the time, I have tried it a few times and it is quite the challenge! It is quite delicate and breaks easily...

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 6

Hi

I've only made a tiara free hand before and found fondant just isn't strong enough no matter how long I let it dry, so had to use gumpaste. I imagine you'd have the same problem even using a mold but I'm new to tiaras!

Here's the one I made..

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1570553

Good luck

Lyndsey x

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 12:09am
post #4 of 6

NICE JOB thumbs_up.gif lindsey x

cab333 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:39am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for sharing Lyndsey, that is very pretty! I ended up making my own out of fondant and gumpaste, and in the end was much happier with it than I think I would have been with the teensy tiara mould I had purchased! I will try to post a pic later, although I have found that challenging lately.

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 6

Lynd, you tiara is great!! I made one out of fondant with tylos added. Took a couple days to dry but was fine after that. Very fragile though and broke the first one..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%