A Night Of Firsts!

Decorating By Myraruss Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 12:09pm by Myraruss

Myraruss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Myraruss Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:08am
post #1 of 3

This was my first cake using Indydebi's buttercream recipe. It turned out so good! I liked the texture and the flavor! Thanks for sharing Indydebi!

This was my first cake using SPS. I didn't even know what that was until I came to this site. I was pretty nervous about it, but it all went together really easy. Thanks for the instructions Leah!

This was my first time making a loopy bow... still need lots of practice in that area... it didn't quite turn out right. I tried to follow the "How to make a fondant loop bow" tutorial by Jackie, (Thank you Jackie!) but I don't think I made enough loops, plus I made them too big for the size of cake the bow was going on. Oh well, you can't learn if you don't try... right??

This is just a birthday cake for my nephew who's turning 15. He plays the keyboard and told me his favorite color is lime green... so I hope he likes it tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone on Cake Central for being so helpful! It would take me forever to try/learn all this stuff on my own. I'm glad there's a place for beginning cakers to come to learn!

P.S. Tried to attach a picture, but it won't attach no matter what I do. Tried to upload to my profile, and it says my photo doesn't exist... I guess this little cake isn't meant to be seen!

2 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:52am
post #2 of 3

Try uploading it with the description area blank...if it works you may be able to edit and add in after...that's the only way I got a pic up.

Myraruss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Myraruss Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Flourpots, I tried that, but it didn't work either. icon_sad.gif

Another first, being really annoyed at the technical side of cake central! I've tried loading my picture with every field blank except the ones that are required, no luck.
Also tried resizing my picture so that it's smaller (though I haven't had to do that before), still no luck!
I use Firefox and I just went back to Internet Explorer and tried posting a picture and adding an attachment with it, and no luck.
I haven't been able to post pictures for a couple weeks. There must be some little trick I don't know about... It sure was a lot easier to post pictures a few weeks ago!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%