Jello Mmf Recipe Enclosed For All Those Who Requested It.

Decorating By tesso Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 4:54pm by tesso

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:06am
post #1 of 23

My Jello MMF recipe has disappeared off Recipes. So for all those who pm'd, put in posts, or emailed me for it. THis is for you icon_biggrin.gif

here is the recipe. enjoy.

Jello-MMF recipe

1 bag of mini marshmallows 10.5 oz.
3 tbs of water
3 cups of pwd sugar
1/2 pack of jello (any flavor)

1-2 cups of pwd sugar for kneading purposes.

I added the jello to the hot marshmallow mixture. I did not dissolve it first. I then put the mixture into my KA added powder sugar, mixed, then dumped on to counter and started kneading and adding PS until it reached the right consistancy. It only took a few minutes. I let the fondant rest over night, tighly wrapped in saran, popped it into micorwave to warm up and covered cake. There was NO graininess to the fondant

here is link to the post where this orginated, it might answers any questions you might have.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....82456.html

FYI: sugar free or regular jello will work, I used the small box of jello.

22 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:20am
post #2 of 23

Thanks, Tesso, for continuing to share this with us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 23

I get an error message when I click on the post link. What does the Jello do to the fondant? Since marshmallows contain gelatin, I'm wondering what more of the stuff will do to the performance of the stuff. I used KoolAid in fondant once and didn't really like the fruit flavor. I'm wondering if a bit of unflavored gelatin will impart whatever characteristic you're getting from the Jello.

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 23

I was just wondering...did you use the jello MMF on the 60s cake you have posted? If so, did you have to add additional food coloring? The colors are very pretty on your cake. Thanks for the recipe!

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 23

Thanks! Quite a few recipes have disappeared and posts. Must have to do with the issues they are having.

shannonmarie77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonmarie77 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 23

Do you think this recipe will cover a 6 inch and a 8 inch round cake?

tesso Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 23

The pink cake with the dark pink and black flowers is the one with the jello.

It makes the MMF very pliable, there were no, what I like to call stretch marks, to the fondant. I think some on here call it elephant skin. It also didnt have any little cracks or tears.

THe pink color of the cake is from the Jello ONLY. Yah.. it did not require any coloring at all.

There is an uncolored, unflavored jello that you can add if you are needing it to give the pliablity and sheen. here is a web site that carries it http://www.aviglatt.com/Product_3892.html Oh forgot to mention that. The cakes are a little more shiney with the fondant added.

The 60's cake are electric colors from amerimist. I ran out of jello..and I will make sure I never run out again! It was so hard to cover compared to the jello mmf.

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

(...) FYI: sugar free or regular jello will work, I used the small box of jello.

In my country (Portugal) jello boxes have granulated sugar incorporated in the mix. What about in yours?
I mean, I'm afraid that if I use our jello, I'll end up with all sugar cristals appearing on the mmf surface.

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsicle

I get an error message when I click on the post link.

This is the link!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-682456-jellommf.html

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 23

Tesso,
Thanks for the recipe.
Do you add the 3 T of water,or not? It's listed in the ingredients in the recipe (but not mentioned in the method), and in the other thread you commented that you don't use it.

tesso Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:24pm
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

(...) FYI: sugar free or regular jello will work, I used the small box of jello.

In my country (Portugal) jello boxes have granulated sugar incorporated in the mix. What about in yours?
I mean, I'm afraid that if I use our jello, I'll end up with all sugar cristals appearing on the mmf surface.

I used the jello with sugar crystals as well. YOu add the jello to the HOT marshmallow mixture which will dissolve the sugar. Remember to let the batch of MMF set overnight. It will remain warm for a few hours and will completely dissolve all sugar.

tesso Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:31pm
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Tesso,
Thanks for the recipe.
Do you add the 3 T of water,or not? It's listed in the ingredients in the recipe (but not mentioned in the method), and in the other thread you commented that you don't use it.

I wish my recipe would show up. all these questions are on there. icon_sad.gif

grease bowl, grease spoon. add marshmallows to bowl, add three tbs water to marshmallows, microwave a minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds. stir.. add 1/2 pk of jello. stir. then follow the rest of the recipe.

The recipe I posted is MY recipe for regular MMF with the Jello added as an extra ingredient. (sorry about the confusion, I had it corrected in the recipe section) the recipe I posted today was the orginal before I added all the explainations to submit to CC.

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:40pm
post #13 of 23

Thank you tesso!!!!!!! Can't wait to try it tonight!!!!

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:58pm
post #14 of 23

Thanks for sharing!

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:58pm
post #15 of 23

Thanks so much for your recipe. I'll give it a test drive today.

fresita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fresita Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:28pm
post #16 of 23

Tesso, does the jello MMF have the same consistency like MMF?

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 10:38pm
post #17 of 23

Thank you, tesso!!! It is very nice of you to share it with us. icon_smile.gif

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 11:11pm
post #18 of 23

Thanks for sharing, Tesso. Did anyone try this yet?

tesso Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:06am
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresita

Tesso, does the jello MMF have the same consistency like MMF?

yes, it's the same, but you will notice that it doesnt crack as much, it is more pliable. Also I have never had it bubble on me.

noni12601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noni12601 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 2:37am
post #20 of 23

Thanks for the link it's very thoughtful of you to take the time to share with us.icon_smile.gif

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:02am
post #21 of 23

I feel kind of stupid, but for some reason I'm not getting the link. Can someone help? Please? Thanx!

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:03am
post #22 of 23

I feel kind of stupid, but for some reason I'm not getting the link. Can someone help? Please? Thanx!

tesso Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 4:54pm
post #23 of 23

angelwings try this link. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-682456.html

edited to add. Just tested it and it works. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%