Help! Cake Too Moist?

Baking By JustGettinStarted Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 5:34pm by JustGettinStarted

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

I need help with cake recipes! I made MacsMom's version of carrot cake using WASC. It was delicious! However, it is so moist I couldn't do anything with it! It was so soft it was so hard to torte and it fell in the center (could be my fault as I'm still learning). Are all of the WASC (2 box version, not the "original") so crazy moist? I wanted to try to stack them, but I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to the weight. Any tips? Did I just do something wrong and it's not really this moist? Again, it is DELICIOUS, I'm just not sure it should be. If it is, how do you all work with such a wet cake?

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 4

I have two scratch recipes I use and they are so moist they are hard to cut. They are so delicious that I keep them like that on purpose. There is so much moisture in many carrot cake recipes. You may have to sacrifice the moist feeling for a drier cake. Do you have to torte it? You can still stack it with supports.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 4

WASC is a moist cake mix. It sounds like you didn't fully bake it though. Also, when stacking it's not the cake that takes the weight of the other cake...you should be putting supports in in order to have it's own support system.

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks...I didn't think it was underbaked. I tested it in my spots and my cake tester came out clean.

No, I don't think I have to torte it. I did for this cake because I decided to only do one layer.

Thanks for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%