Help! Cake To Cool Down Super Fast

Decorating By TapsTreats Updated 27 Jun 2013 , 8:24pm by tasteslikehappy

TapsTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TapsTreats Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 6

Hi - I got a call today for a, "...caller said, real quick basic round 8" cake..." Because you know I can just snap my fingers and wham out pops a great looking and tasting cake icon_smile.gif

He wants to propose tonight. Softy that I am, has agreed to do it and cheap too. UGH!

I have searched on here and have not come across anything. So here's my question.

How can I get this cake to cool faster. Can I level and torte it and put it in the refrigerator or freezer to cool faster?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

5 replies
eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 6

I had to bake and frost and put fondant on a cake before in the space of a few hours. I put in on the window, but then I live in ireland so the breeze coming in was cool and I dont know what it's like where you live? My cake was cooled in less than an hour and decorated an hour later.

Dont know how else to help you so good luck! hope you pull it off, and let us know if he gets a yes!

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 6

The freezer works fine. Just watch it. You don't want it getting so cold that condensation will form on it when you take it out of the freezer. That might create issues with applying the frosting. As soon as it's no longer warm, take it out!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 6

I did a cake on Sat w/a quick turn-around. Once I got the cakes out of the pans and onto the cooling racks, I popped them in the fridge for a bit. They were fine--didn't dry out, no condensation.

HTH
Kristy

TapsTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TapsTreats Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone! I baked it, cooled it till I can take it out of the pan then put it in the fridge. That totally helped. I did this cake in about 3 hours. It turned out great. I will post some pictures shortly. Thanks again for all your help!

tasteslikehappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteslikehappy Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 6

Did you wrap the cake before putting it in the fridge or just put it right in there as is?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%