Using Rice Krispies Treat As A Part Of Decoi

Decorating By jeri68 Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 5:18am by FlourPots

jeri68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeri68 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to hear inst.for mixing rice krispie treat for additions to decorating cakes

6 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 7

I used to use the original recipe on the cereal box. Then I started leaving out the butter just so the butter wouldn't make the product rancid if it set for a while. I have finally settled on candy melts and rice cereal. The candy melts set up a little more stable than the marshmallows. In all of these cases, I crushed the cereal up to make the finished texture a little finer/smoother. I don't really have a recipe-I just melt some candy melts and stir in cereal until it's pretty solid.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 7

I use the premade ones and then just sqish them into the shape I need. I use them a lot!

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 7

I use (sort of) the traditional box recipe, though I eyeball it. I like it to be a bit heavier on the cereal because I feel it makes for a sturdier, more compact end result. So, I just melt the marshmallows with a pat of butter, then add cereal until it looks about right. Then mold, cover in a thin layer of buttercream, then cover in fondant...ready to go.

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 7

I use the standard recipe on the cereal box...going to have to try candy melts!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:59am
post #6 of 7

Add a little vanilla to the recipe if it'll be eaten, yum! The kids love it covered in buttercream... VERY sweet.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:18am
post #7 of 7

I just tried the pre-made for the first time and really liked working with them better than the stickier homemade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%