Flour Which One??

Decorating By Yankie Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 3:41am by 4realLaLa

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering what brand of flour do you use..i personally use King Arthurs Flour but is expensive and Swans Down. I think the texture of the cakes are great..which one do you use.

For those of you that bake many cakes in a week, where do you get your stuff..do you get it in bulk, if so where do you go?

5 replies
Yankie Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:22am
post #2 of 6

From Scratch Bakers..any suggestions? thanks!!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:26am
post #3 of 6

King Arthur regardless of price. I tried other brands but I always go back to King Arthur. Love the results.

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:31am
post #4 of 6

I've never used King Arthur, so I can't say that ALVARGA is right or wrong, but my mother told me when I started baking that she only uses White Lily. I thought I's be "smart" and get a cheaper brand, and kicked myself in the rear when the cake came out of the oven. It made such a big difference in the appearance, taste and texture, that I vow to never use another brand again!

Yankie Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:48am
post #5 of 6

Alvarga, you are right..the texture of the cakes are great..I continue to buy it regardless of price too.

Aeropanda, I just bought some white lily flour..I will give it a try this weekend to see if there is a difference. im sure that one is good too.

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 3:41am
post #6 of 6

I use Gold Medal all purpose flour.

I never use anything else unless of course I'm using cake flour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%