What Are You Offering For The Holidays?

Business By karenm0712 Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 7:01pm by Kiddiekakes

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 5

If this has already been posted I apologize. I have looked and can't find a current thread...

So what are you all offering for the upcoming holidays - Thanksgiving & Christmas? I thought about special flavors as dessert cakes & mason jar cupcakes, but want to see what others are offering! icon_smile.gif

TIA!
Karen

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 5

I am offering bundt cakes made with the Nordicware designs..Rose,Wreath etc...not decorated just sprinkled with icing sugar...Dessert cakes like Black forest,German Chocolate,Carrot and Oreo cookie...I don't much like doing decorated cookies as they are very time consuming and most people won't pay the price I charge so I say..No worries..then I don't have to make them..LOL..

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 5

Bundt cakes are a good idea too! I tried cookie trays last and cookie bouquets last year, but they weren't a hit. icon_sad.gif Hoping this year I can offer some items that will drive more business!! icon_wink.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 5

I just started thinking about this this week. I took a few months off this summer to have my second child and things really slowed down now with orders... so trying to get people to think of me again for their sweets.

I know you didn't ask, but for Halloween i'm going to run a special on my sugar cookies. They get Two dozen for the price of one on 2" cookies. I am going to take orders the first two weeks in October and then cut it off so I can start baking icon_smile.gif There will be no special request on these though they're ALL going to be the same so I can get them cut, dipped in icing, then use a black americolor marker for details. Nothing to fancy, but hopefully i can get quite a bit of business and get my cookies into more people's hands.

Thanksgiving.... no idea yet, looking for some though

Christmas - All i have so far is Poinsetta Cupcake boquets, and a box of drop cookies (chocolate chip, sugar, snickerdoodle, and peanut butter)

Kiddiekakes - i like your idea of the dessert cakes, i didn't even think of that. What sizes do you make? I'm liking this idea, i can see the ease in it to get more out the door!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 5

I am offering 8 inch and 10 inch...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%