Need Help With 3D Trophy Cake!!

Decorating By norfred Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 2:08am by Ursula40

norfred Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 2

I have been asked to make a 3D trophy cake for a body builder. I love the idea but i am terrified about the structure not being stable enough. I have included a picture of the trophy so that you can take a look and possibly give me any suggestions you may have that will help me. I need the cake to feed aprox 20-30 ppl. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. icon_biggrin.gif

I am sorry the attachment didn't work but here is the link:

http://oakbrook-awards.logomall.com/ProductDetail/ProductDetail.aspx?Ntt=metal+trophy+cup&Ne=50&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&BWS=0|3&N=0&DPSV_Id=202890&No=96&Ntk=WordSearchAsiLinename&Nr=LMSiteEligibility:1&id=8023527&pSRVC_Id=65

thanks again icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Ursula40 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:08am
post #2 of 2

Top part could be the wondermold from Wilton, slightly carved to get the shape. Use a dowel to fixate to the bottom cake, 2 squarers stacked. I would either use rice crispies to make the small base(right under the bowl) or molding choc, might hold the top better. Screw the dowel into the masonite bowl to get it as stable as possible and thread the cake onto the dowel. There is a hole in the Wondermold anyway, just make sure, you use a stableand firm recipe. Fondant the wondermold as you would normally, then turn round, thread onto dowel and finish the top

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%