Rhinestone Banding

Decorating By thecakeprincess Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 9:57pm by millicente

thecakeprincess Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 8

Where can I get rhinestone banding (ribbon) to use as trim on a cake?

7 replies
minicuppie Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 8

Any place that sells stuff for sewing, beading and floral arranging.
Each different craft will have them in different forms.
Some will be for attaching to your own ribbon (beading and floral department).
The most important thing is to be sure you use food safe products or have a barrier between the beading and the food.

thecakeprincess Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 8

lynndy-lou Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 8

I got diamante banding from ebay, Im in the Uk but Im sure you can get it in the US. I used it on the hearts wedding cake in my photos

moralna Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 8

I originally went to e-bay to find my rhinestone ribbon and ended up ordering directly with one of the sellers, who gave me a great price. Her name is Laura Lake and she is the owner of Laura's Boutique. She was great, helped me with the exact amount I needed - even threw in a little extra and was so helpful. Contact her, she is great. Her e-mail address is lauralake@gmail.com. The ribbons are so beautiful. I used it on the fading up pink Sweet 16 cake in my photos. I also ordered the #16 monogram from her at a great price.

leah_s Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 8

I order from Alabama Crowns. Best prices that I found. The great thing about rhinestone banding is that you can dunk it in sanitizing solution (very mild bleach-water solution. Use your test strips for concentration) and put it directly on the cake.

millicente Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%