Marketing

Business By thecakeprincess Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 5:09pm by MissSpoon

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 7

What marketing tools/ideas have you found useful to grow your business?

6 replies
karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 7

Facebook has worked well for me. My Facebook page gets 400+ hits a week were as my website my get 100 hits a month.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 7

Yelp.com and Google AdWords.

MissSpoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissSpoon Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:19am
post #4 of 7

Karen, I didn't realize I was able to view details about fan page views in the "insights" until this comment, somehow I'd overlooked it. Don't I feel silly! Thanks for bringing it up!

To reinforce what Karen has mentioned, I don't even have a business up and running yet (the page is half hobby and half build the fan base for when I do go into business) and I already receive at least 100 unique page views a week.

I just jumped on the Twitter bandwagon within the last few weeks and that seems like it could be even more effective aside from not clearly displaying product photos.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSpoon

Karen, I didn't realize I was able to view details about fan page views in the "insights" until this comment, somehow I'd overlooked it. Don't I feel silly! Thanks for bringing it up!

To reinforce what Karen has mentioned, I don't even have a business up and running yet (the page is half hobby and half build the fan base for when I do go into business) and I already receive at least 100 unique page views a week.

I just jumped on the Twitter bandwagon within the last few weeks and that seems like it could be even more effective aside from not clearly displaying product photos.

If you open a flickr account ( or any other online photo service) you can post pictures there, then link to them on twitter. Use www.bit.ly to shorten the link to the photo so that it will fit on twitter. You could also just link to your website to drive people there directly.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 7

I also find twitter to be useful, it essentially serves as a replacement for a mailing list. Instead of linking to photos, I link to our business's main web site or the photo gallery to drive traffic.

MissSpoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissSpoon Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 7

Well by "clearly" displaying I guess I mean as soon as you go to my FB page they are there (either the whole photo tab is I choose or just pictures in my feed) and you don't have to click anything again. Seems silly, it's only a click, but some people are lazy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%