Anyone Knows About Flexible Chocolate ???

Decorating By farmom3 Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 4:48pm by imagenthatnj

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 13

I just saw this on challenge, he made some chocolate strip looks like fiber !!!!!!! very interesting. did you guys know about it more ????
he said chocolate , gelatin, oil and some other things ??

12 replies
mom4kidsnm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom4kidsnm Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 13

He mentioned he is starting his own pastry school and that he had basically invented this method of chocolate work. I would think he is keeping the exact formula a secret, maybe to be taught to his pastry students.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 13

He who?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 13

I only know about this modeling chocolate striped covers...

Maybe this is not what you saw. I'm going to order his DVD though, seems like fun.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 13

I saw the episode too. I'm sure the geletin is a key ingredient in making it flexible. Just like the geletin bows. He put everything in the food processor including the chocolate, didn't he? It looked gross when he took it out and I didn't see what he did with it next.

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 13

I saw that episode as well. It looked totally awesome to get chocolate to be flexible. I think the chef's name is Chris, but when you want to find something quickly, it won't turn up in searches. I do remember him saying will be opening a pastry school and teaching the technique.

The episode will be airing:

Sep 01, 2010

7:00 PM ET/PT

Sep 04, 2010

6:00 PM ET/PT

Sep 05, 2010

7:00 PM ET/PT

imagenthatnj Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 13
farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 13

When I google it I find this it was 2008, I don't know this is the same ??? and some ingredients in this recipe I never heard of them

http://alineamosaic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150
Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

The recipe that I like the best for flexable chocolate is as follows:
225ml water
1g Iota
225ml Cream
55g Sugar
120g Chocolate, at least 60%
19.5g LM 20AS Pectin

Disolve the Iota in the water with an immersion blender. Heat the cream and sugar to a boil, stiring from time to time. Pour over the chocolate (like ganache), and stir slowly so as not to incorporate air. Add iota/water mix, bring to a boil and add pectin. Boil for 20-30 seconds. Pour through a chinois into a plastic wrap lined 2" 1/3 pan. Chill and cut to order.

any idea ????

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:41pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnazmom3

When I google it I find this it was 2008, I don't know this is the same ??? and some ingredients in this recipe I never heard of them

http://alineamosaic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150
Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

The recipe that I like the best for flexable chocolate is as follows:
225ml water
1g Iota
225ml Cream
55g Sugar
120g Chocolate, at least 60%
19.5g LM 20AS Pectin

Disolve the Iota in the water with an immersion blender. Heat the cream and sugar to a boil, stiring from time to time. Pour over the chocolate (like ganache), and stir slowly so as not to incorporate air. Add iota/water mix, bring to a boil and add pectin. Boil for 20-30 seconds. Pour through a chinois into a plastic wrap lined 2" 1/3 pan. Chill and cut to order.

any idea ????

Yeah, I was just wondering if someone could translate that for me! icon_rolleyes.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm
post #11 of 13

Pectin, I've heard of. And it's on the side ad on that link.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:47pm
post #12 of 13

He said he "invented" it, so I don't think we will see it on the web anytime soon. At least not until his school is opened.

imagenthatnj Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:48pm
post #13 of 13

By the way, I go to this website to get free pastry magazines from professional chefs. They're back issues, but they're very very good to get professional techniques.

The Asian ones are also translated to English. I download the PDFs to keep just in case one day they decide not to make them available anymore.

http://pastryna.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%