Yankee Candle Cake

Decorating By nonilm Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 5:46pm by ttsnona

nonilm Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

Any ideas for a yankee candle cake? Other than stacking a 6" round and adding a "label" on the side how could I make it look like the jar candles? The scent is storm watch and I think I could "paint" a label on the side of a round cake but that sounds pretty boring. Help!

4 replies
nonilm Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 5

Please help!

ttsnona Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 5

I made a cake once to look like a soda glass. After icing it the color I wanted the soda to be, I covered it in a layer of clear gel to simulate the glass. I'm not sure if it would get sticky enough to add an icing label or not since I've never tried that. I'm sure you've probably already thought of putting a candle in the center to make a flame. You might also color some gel the same color as the cake candle and put it around the top (puddled around the flame) to make it look like it has melted some.

nonilm Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 5

What is clear gel?

ttsnona Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 5

It is a clear piping gel. Wilton makes one in a 10 oz. container and, I believe, in a larger container. I've bought it at cake decorating supply stores or hobby stores like Hobby Lobby. You can tint it with icing colors to make it any color you want. It's good to make water on a cake, like a pond. But the untinted clear gel is good to make what looks like a layer of glass such as on my soda glass cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%