How Do I Make White Chocolate Planks/plaques?

Decorating By Heather87 Updated 4 Sep 2010 , 8:48am by kkbritt8

Heather87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
12 replies
wendalls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalls Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 13

Hi

If you go to the cake decorating forum there is a sticky on wrapping cakes in chocolate. You could use a similar method - cutting the pieces then applying rather than wrapping the full sheet around the cake.

Maggie30701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maggie30701 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 13

Hi Heather, You have the right idea. However, I would add a couple tsp of corn syrup so that the chocolate is pliable enough to stay in tact when you cut it. Otherwise you run the risk of having many broken pieces. Oh and dont overheat the chocolate because you will have a not so smooth finish. Hope this helps.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 13

That's a great tutorial. Thanks zespri for posting. The cake sounds devine, but I'm not sure I know how to convert the measurements to US.

zespri Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 13

yes, it's a yummy cake to be sure! In the front of all of my cookbooks is a conversion table, maybe yours does too? Otherwise, there are 2.2 pounds to a kilogram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulli10

That's a great tutorial. Thanks zespri for posting. The cake sounds devine, but I'm not sure I know how to convert the measurements to US.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 13

What a great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing that!!

wendalls Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 2:58am
post #8 of 13

to convert from US is easy just type in to google e.g:

'How many lbs is 200gms' and google will give you an answer, just like a calculator would.

wendalls Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 2:59am
post #9 of 13

being from New Zealand I need to do this constantly to get metric from US weights.

zespri Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:06am
post #10 of 13

*waves* to the fellow kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendalls

being from New Zealand I need to do this constantly to get metric from US weights.

wendalls Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:12am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespri

Quote:

GOsh HI!!!!!

zespri Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:15am
post #12 of 13

hehe... it's pretty cool to find another kiwi on the www, not so many of us in the grand scheme of things!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zespri

Quote:

GOsh HI!!!!!

kkbritt8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkbritt8 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 8:48am
post #13 of 13

Wow! This is the second thread I've read tonight of things I've been mulling around in my head for days now! I had this exact question. Thanks for the tutorial, zespri.

Now, do you think I would be able to put an edible image on those chocolate panels? My plan is to put a collage of pictures for my dad's 60th bday starting at one end when he's young and working around to when he's older.

By the way - here's a great site I use all the time when figuring out measurement conversions:

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/conversion_tables.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%