Food Festival Help!

Lounge By YummyChoo Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 10:11pm by babapeela

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 2

Hi guys,
I wanted some advice, Im doing a food festival soon and will have a stall set up in the market. The organisers said its £25 for the stall for the day and that if we did samples that would be good plus give out cards/flyers etc...
But my worry is how many samples would I have to bake for the day and how would I control all the cake samples not getting eaten all in one go! Its from about 9 till 4pm.. Do you think I should sell some cake slices/cupcakes aswell as giving out samples?
If you got any advice that would be really helpful!
Selina x

1 reply
babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 2

I recently did a fete selling my cupcakes and cookies. I sold about 150 cupcakes on the day (it was only a small school fete) and gave out cookie samples.

For the samples I had a small pretty napkin-lined box with a little sign saying 'please try me!'. I broke up whole cookies into bite-sized pieces and put them in the box, and just refilled when I got low.

I think I got through about 10-12 cookies altogether. I didn't have any trouble with people being greedy, I think us brits are generally quite polite and restrained!

Hope this helps a little and good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%