What Flavor Pudding Do I Use???...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 4:21pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 13

Hi Cakers! icon_biggrin.gif

I normally use WASC, but I think it is causing me to have icing issues.

After letting the WASC settle and removed from a food safe bag it is really wet with condensation. I let it air dry for about 1 to 2 hours, yet it is still tacky with the condensation. My fingers still pick up the wetness. I know that a little sticky is from the sugar, but I need to change up.

I want to use the Durable Cake recipe that Sharon Z. has in her latest DVD. It calls for a non-pudding mix and 1 box of pudding. If I want a yellow cake, should I use a vanilla pudding??

I tried this with a Choc. and was very impressed that there was hardly any condensation after removing from the bag....

Thanks,
Michael

12 replies
Mikel79 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 13

Anyone? icon_biggrin.gif

leily Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 13

I like to use White chocolate pudding in my white and yellow cakes. But have used vanilla and it's a good flavor too

Karen421 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 13

With a yellow cake, I use vanilla pudding and with white cake, I use white chocolate pudding. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Mikel79 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 13

Thx!!

cakeville82 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 13

Why are your cakes sticky?
Are you covering/bagging them when they are warm?
That will cause excess moisture and aid in the growth of bacteria.

Mikel79 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:24am
post #7 of 13

I let my cakes cool for about 2-3 hours before I even level them. They are cool to the touch....

I cover them with Food Safe plastic bags. I cut a slit in the bag and insert a straw so that I can suck out all air. This applies a slight pressure on the cake so that any settling will happen then....

I have done the same thing once with a Durable cake recipe, and it was not as wet like the WASC...

cherrycakes Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:10am
post #8 of 13

Which WASC recipe are you using? I had moisture issues when I used the one with oil so I switched to the one without (Cakelady's) and I haven't had that problem since.

Mikel79 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 10:51am
post #9 of 13

CherryCakes...

I use the WASC that Sharon Zambito demonstrates on her Back to Basics DVD.

The recipe you are using, can it be found on this site??

Thanks,

Michael

cherrycakes Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:43pm
post #10 of 13

This is the recipe that I use. However, Sharon knows what she's talking about so it's probably not the recipe that's giving you problems icon_smile.gif What cake mix are you using? Personally, Duncan Hines works better for me than Betty Crocker but I know there's a huge debate about that too! I think it really comes down to trial and error for all of us and what works for us.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

Karen421 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:23pm
post #11 of 13

I prefer DH also and I agree a lot of trial and error! icon_lol.gif

ktbug Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:41pm
post #12 of 13

With yellow cake I like the french vanilla pudding! It has a great flavor!

Mikel79 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:21pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

This is the recipe that I use. However, Sharon knows what she's talking about so it's probably not the recipe that's giving you problems icon_smile.gif What cake mix are you using? Personally, Duncan Hines works better for me than Betty Crocker but I know there's a huge debate about that too! I think it really comes down to trial and error for all of us and what works for us.

Hi Cherrcakes!

Yes I do agree that Sharon knows what she is doing. However, the recipe that you linked to is NOT the receipe she uses. Her recipe has oil in it. It was posted earlier that someone else has wet issues with the WASC. I might give the Kakeladie a try along with the durable that Shaon gives in her booklet. Sharon has said before to me that the WASC is a "wet" type cake. For some reason, maybe the GA wheather, my cakes are really super duper wet??

Thanks again!
Michael

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%